Nov 16, 2009

AHA UPDATES ::WATCH OUT - by Adinda Harsono::

Watch Out, Indonesian Designers Coming Through!

Such a wonderful night it was!!! Tonight with the company of AHA owner Amanda and a great friend of mine, Desy, I went to Jakarta Fashion Week ’09. Presenting….. Afif Syakur, Malik Moestaram, and Sofie. It was a night to remember for sure, aside from the important people of fashion attendees, the designers were truly the brightest stars of the night.
Ok, let’s get to it.

First of all, Afif Syakur presenting his urban collection with his theme of global warming and technology. He  presented this with pale colors, saw a lot of grey. With his flowing drapery and a bit of origami too. And the shoes.. don’t get me started. Here are some pics for your eyes to indulge. (Sorry for the quality)


Oh boy was I glad to see some colors after Afif Syakur! As Malik Moestaram's collection was fresh, sexy and bold! Well, the designs speak for themselves. One critique tho (from simply a nobody) the robotic shenanigams on the opening was sooo unnecessary. Nonetheless, the collection was supeerrrrr strong, and I knew everyone wanted to give ‘em a standing ovation.



Sofie or Ahmad Sofiyulloh, (I think) had the best collection. Now, I didn’t do a research about this guy, so I didn’t have any expectation. But…oh my it was seriously rock and roll crazy, with a touch of marc Jacob-y style, and edgyness beyond believe. There was this jacket, and he Incorporated batik into it, without making it look dull. Genius.  LOVE IT THE MOST!



Okay, okay so I can’t really put my excitement into words because it is really indescribable. As a fashion student, I was really inspired and motivated. These kinda thing (an accessible fashion show) is really useful for us. Indonesia’s fashion is growing, and of course we will not forget our roots and culture.

Ooo and I hope this is my first of many posts for AHA.

Ciao,
Dindadoo


________________________________________________________________________________
photos by: AHA's bb :)
check out Dinda's personal fashion blog at:

No comments :

Post a Comment

previous posts