Apr 22, 2013

My Inspiration Venture Method (Amanda Harsono)


it's been awhile since we updated our blog. let me just start a new post that is light and (i hope) inspires you on this rainy Monday.

I just want to share to you all some of the things that inspires me over the week. I've been having some major meeting schedules and really packed deadlines. Sometimes it's hard to get yourself inspired and creative when you have a lot of obligations to be done. My trick for those mundane and boring days, is just simple, surf the wave... dude.



let's start something easy and light.

1. Cleo Higgins
Music has always been my getaway from serious business related stuff. I love to get myself lost on the internet and find new artists. It can be from a indie label, a vlogger or the typical TV singing competition. This singer is actually was in a girl band that I used to adore back in my junior high years. She was in Cleopatra, and now she's auditioning for The Voice UK. I find her inspirational not just because of her fantastic rendition of Beyonce's Love On Top, but she's willing to start from the beginning to get her music life back on track. No matter what the outcome is going to be like, just the beginning itself makes me fall in love with 'second-chance' concept.


2. Read old magazines
I know it's hard to make something original these days. Everything is an evolution of something, hence you can't really escape from existing designs. But, what I always is to stay away from what is current. Before you jump off boat, let me explain what I meant.
I don't really like when my work or designs are just a copy of something that is 'in'. What is the point to make a business out of copying (when you clearly have the words 'creative consultant' on). So, I love reading old magazines to find what works before and make them relatable by adding new element into it.


3. Eat or Cook Comfort Food!
I am a foodie by soul. If I was given all the time and money and health in the world, I would dedicate my life to eat all the food in the world. When I feel creatively blocked I always run to the kitchen and try to whip something awesome for my tastebud.
When the food are amazing, instantly I feel happier, hence I feel motivated to do more work. Well, most of the time that is.

So, this is what I do. What are your methods?

Amanda Harsono

No comments :

Post a Comment

previous posts